Moms Behaving Badly ~ Whipped Cream

Ok,  so yes…I prank my kids.

I have a long history of pranks…some going over well and some flopping.

And yes, I enjoy laughing at my children’s expense, as long as it’s all in good fun…sue me.

I am sure some of you don’t agree with pranking, and that’s fine…but I will tell you, as long as my kids get a laugh along with me, I say it’s all in good fun.

Here’s what I did…

I waited until my boys went to sleep and sneaked into their bedroom wielding a can of whipped cream.  My husband begrudgingly was my accomplice, holding the camera.

My 8 year old, being on the bottom bunk was the target…AND my 6 year old was awake, watching the whole thing go down.

I squeezed some whipped cream into his hand and then tickled his ear to get him to wipe whipped cream all over his face…

Really, a cheap laugh…but a laugh none-the-less.  It doesn’t take much.

Also, just a warning…I apparently snort when I laugh more often than I knew…AND in the middle of the video my husband tried to film me laughing and I swatted the camera out of his hand with a swift, “wax-on” karate chop…sorry about that.

Here goes…

Now…just to show you that my son is a good sport…I videoed him watching the prank the next morning…again, please excuse the snorting.

Around the 1:05 second mark he loses it :)

So yes, pranks are fun…and the thing is my kids are always trying to find ways to get me back.

We live in a house on high-alert!

Have any ideas for Moms Behaving Badly?  I’d love to hear your best pranks so we can try them at home.  Email us at shellyandkristan@gmail.com

Comments

OMG He is such a cutie! And a good sport too :)

Nikki says:

I love it! And you’re not just pulling pranks… You’re making memories! You have a fun house where people don’t laugh *at* each other, you laugh *with* one another! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! And the ability to laugh at ourselves is an important part of the equation, too! You being willing to share your karate chops and snorts sets an awesome example for your kiddos that they should never take themselves too seriously! (for the record, this made *me* snort, too) lol You have two very lucky lil boys!!! Even *with* whipped cream in their face! ;0)

Claire says:

Oh, my! That was perfectly funny! I laughed the entire time i watch you pranking! I pulled a good one on my 5 boys this last April Fools day. it was the best ever!!!! Some people thought I was mean when they found out what I did and I lost one friend on FB over it. Their loss! Keep having fun!

Stacy K. says:

Oh Shelly, he is too cute! I think it’s an unwritten law that when you have sons, you MUST play pranks (I know I will when my 2 yr. old is older!). Like someone previously said, you’re not just playing pranks, you are making fun memories that your boys will always remember. What a cool mom. :-)

Rjurevich says:

You crack me up! I’m glad I’m not the only evil parent around! Next time try antiquing! Absolutely hilarious!!

Paula Chaffin says:

I woke my daughter up, I was laughing so hard!! I am a mother of two grown boys and we still prank each other!

Andrea says:

My husband thought it was hilarious. Glad I don’t have whipped cream in the house

We are a bunch of loons in our family so this is right up our ally :) I showed this to my 4 year old and he was laughing hysterically!

Anne B says:

Haa Haa…so funny! Brooke cannot wait to bust Jake’s chops tomorrow in school!!!..

Stephanie says:

This is totally something my own mother would have done to me! Once, she pretended to be feeling ill over the kitchen sink with a handful of dry dog food she pretending to be hurling and I watched in horror trying to figure out what had just happened. Now, getting their reaction to something like that would be hilarious!!

Carrie says:

As one who’s been on the receiving end of your pranks (Short Sheets, anyone??), I have some sympathy for Jake. Just beware the payback! ;)

Dawn says:

Too funny Shelly – Good clean fun:) luv it… LOL

Ahahahahaha! The snorting made it even more funny!

I love that he inherited the snorting from you! What a fun mom!

Audrey says:

Bahahahahaha I LOVE it. My husband and I laughed so hard because this is stuff we can’t wait to do to our kids!

amy says:

cute and fun!!!!

Kyle says:

Hahahahahahahahahaha, that’s hilarious. Shelly, you should ask Kristan about when her and her husband scared his daughter while she was having a slumber party.

Tanya says:

I think this is soooo funny! I’m going to have to remember this for April fools day! This and putting marker on the eyeholes of binoculars!