Let me be perfectly honest. I only have a vague idea of what’s in my purse most of the time. First of all, I prefer large purses, the larger the better. Not the suitcase look but bordering on nomadic. I guess it’s my version of a security blanket. Things have a tendency to disappear as they settle at the bottom, then I forget what I’ve been carrying around for weeks at a time. Anyway, here are some things I can usually find in there, and other things that I fished out of the abyss.
1. My over-stuffed (not with money) Banana Republic wallet that I got on super-discount. I’ve carried it for 3 years now, and I still love it.
2. I must have an umbrella in my purse at all times. The funny thing is, I don’t always use it when it rains. I just really need to know it is in there!
3. Biscuit the pug is hyperactive and has a problem with authority. He rarely comes when called, but he always yields to the power of cheesy-chicken treats. These are a necessity for puppy outings, which we take often.
|Yep, he’s a wild man. *|
4. My Android phone which I love but is always dead because I can’t remember to charge it.
5. Shopping makes me hungry. Oh how I wish this was a Power Bar or granola… some indication to let you know that I remotely care about my diet. This is real life, folks. Me and Ernie Keebler arelikethis.
6. When I turned 30 I became allergic to everything. I can’t believe how blissfully unstuffy and non-itchy I lived in my 20′s. Hydrocordisone and Benadryl are now my BFF’s.
7. A coupon for 40% off a regularly priced Martha Stewart product. Martha, I love you, but I can’t always afford you.
8. OPI nail polish in Spark-tacular! It’s supposed to be a top-coat, but I like to use it alone. It reminds me of confetti sprinkles.
9. Once upon a time I worked for Lancome and I fell in love with their lipstick color “Bisque”. Of course they discontinued it. The sympathetic manager allowed my to take the remaining samples they had. The one above is the very last stick I have! I carry it with me in hopes to match it to another brand. I’ve since tried many (possibly hundreds?) trying to get the same shade. The other lipsticks are close, but nothing compares. Still, Avon 24k in Honey Gold, and Urban Decay Lip Junkie in Midnight Cowboy are pretty.
10. A Sephora sample of Kate Walsh’s Boyfriend. I like how boys smell, but do I want to smell like them? I’m still deciding if I like it.
11. Bic Cristal pens in mass. I love them and will never forsake them. They float around in my purse and mark up the liner. I’m okay with that.
12. Ponytail holder. My hair is ridiculously long. Maybe I’m trying to disappear behind my long hair and enormous purse. Hey – this is like therapy!
13. I save all my fortune cookie fortunes, and this was one I loved. “Good ideas will spring forth naturally from your mind in the coming week”. I often need help in this area.
14. My Kate Spade sunglasses. I looked at these for months online, then I found them for 1/3 the price at TJ Maxx – score! It’s only a matter of time before I leave them on a restaurant table or cashier check-out. This is why I can’t pay full price.
And perhaps most oddly….
A vet receipt for a 10 lb. Chihuahua named “Cabbie”. Which would be totally normal if I had a 10 lb. Chihuahua named Cabbie. What!?
I think I may start doing a weekly purse inventory. ;)
* photo of Biscuit by Morgan Trinker.