Cocktail Friday ~ Spiked Frozen Hot Chocolate

It’s the Friday before Christmas, yo!!

Are you ready?

Well.  I’m guessing that you have a 7 year old boy on his third day of Winter Break, who has been showing you magic tricks from sun up to sun down NONSTOP so you really need some quiet time and an adult beverage before the Christmas Eve festivities begin.

Am I right?

Thought so.

I recently got the Serendipity Cookbook, and thought that the Frrrozen Hot Chocolate recipe needed a grown up twist.  Aaaand…I just so happened to have a bottle of Marshmallow Vodka in the fridge.

It was serendipity!!  Get it???  Hahahahaha

It’s super yummy and although it says one serving, you get enough for two LARGE mugs with this.

**adapted from Sweet Serendipity

(click here for printable recipe)

INGREDIENTS

3 oz good quality chocolate (any variety of your favorites…I used some Belgian Milk Chocolate that I bought at Target)

2 teaspoons hot chocolate mix (any store bought mix will do…I used Ghirardelli)

1 1/2 tablespoons sugar

1 1/4 cups milk

1/4 cup  Marshmallow Vodka

3 cups ice

Chop the chocolate into small pieces and melt in a saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally until melted.  Add sugar and hot chocolate mix, stirring constantly until blended.

Remove from heat.  Slowly add 1/2 cup of milk, stirring until smooth.  Cool to room temperature (I placed it in the fridge to speed it up).

Place the remaining milk, marshmallow vodka, chocolate mixture, and ice in a blended.  Beat on high speed until smooth and the slushy consistency of a daiquiri.  Pour into a huge glass mug and top with whipped cream.

Best enjoyed with trashy reality TV or a good magazine.  Enjoy and have a Merry Christmas!!

Comments

selina says:

damn i wish they sold that vodka here i would be in heaven!

Katrina says:

This rocks my world. Marshmallow vodka?? HELLO!

First let me say, I LOVE your new site girls. I’ve done a crummy job of commenting {what with all the craziness that is this month}. But know I am LOVING your posts. And, the description of why this recipe may be a good one right now? Oh yea! :-) Might just add a few of these ingredients to the grocery list I’m sending my man and our boy out to get.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend and a Merry Christmas!

Renee says:

I need this in my life! Maybe I could just use regular vodka with vanilla extract? I’m trying it.

Rhondi says:

I need this in my life right now! Merry Christmas!

Stacy K. says:

OMG…..my hubby is supposed to be making grasshoppers tonight (vanilla ice cream, cream de cacao, creme de menthe) but I think we need these!

Terri A. says:

Wow, may need to make a trip to the liquor store for some of that vodka. You’re a genius! Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Sammie Q. says:

Have you tried ‘Whipped Cream Vodka’? Mighty tasty.

*whimpers* Now I must go and buy some of that vodka. And I have to watch that movie again. So much to do, so little time….why are people ever bored?

Tina says:

Have you had a chance to try any of the other flavored vodkas out there? I tried Three Olives Bubble vodka (tastes like bubble gum) , but I’m not really sure what to do wit it….it’s so sweet and……bubblegummy. How about the cake flavored ones? Anyone have luck with those? I always want to try, and then think ‘what if I spend 25 or 30 bucks on this and hate it? Always sound so good in the store when the screaming children are 4 aisles over screaming about something that they want but mom can’t get…..

Vicki H. says:

I absolutely love the cake vodka…have the marshmallow, but don’t think it is as good as cake…I get the UV brand and it is only $10, so not too bad. I like it in OJ, pineapple juice and hot chocolate….also found some cake batter shots that were delicious (altho I had to water them down a bit). Try ‘em, delicious!

PS ~ I’ve added your site to my favorites page. :-)

1. [...] Spiked Frozen Hot Chocolate     [...]

2. […] Spiked Frozen Hot Chocolate from That’s What We Said Hot chocolate is not just for the kids anymore! […]