Today’s post is a bit different than usual, because I am sharing What’s in MY bag!!
We usually start the What’s in Your…? posts off with a brief intro about how much we love the guest poster etc, etc…but since this post is about ME, I will let you in on a secret.
I am a freak about people getting into my purse. My son doesn’t dig around in it. If my husband needs something, he asks and I go get it out (years ago, I saw him digging around for the checkbook and had a HEART. ATTACK.). It’s just a thing with me.
I like knowing that there is a little section of the world that is mine all mine. So the fact that I’m sharing today is a big deal. HUGE. Also, I left all my secrets out of the photos.
Let’s get started:
I own about fifty zillionty purses, but this is the one I’m carrying now. You may remember the post I did about my love of JennJohn bags awhile back–this is another one by her. She found this cupcake fabric on Etsy and custom made it for me, isn’t it adorable?!
My purse was actually halfway neat (for once) because I just got back from a trip and cleaned it out when I got home. I try to keep stuff in little bags, to make it easier for times that I decide to swap purses.
1. Sour Patch Kids. Muy importante. Obvs.
2. Lipstick bag. I know that it’s actually a cosmetic bag, but I don’t ever reapply mascara or powder, so it’s just full of lipstick and gloss. Tons of it.
3. Hello Kitty Bag full of other extra stuff.
4. Business card holder. For when people say, “what do you do again?”
5. Trident Layers Gum. Shelly gave me a piece the other day that was melon and mint and it was SO GOOD. So I grabbed this at the store. They didn’t have melon and mint so I got the cherry and lime. Tastes kinda like Fruit Stripe.
6. Moleskine notebook and pens. I always need a notebook nearby so I can write down recipe ideas when I think of them–if I don’t, I forget. Also, I take notes when people do really dumb things so I can make fun of it later.
7. A tiny flashlight. You’d be surprised how often this comes in handy.
8. Pink and sparkly mirror compact. I don’t use pressed powder, so I need a good compact for applying lipgloss or checking my hair. I hate when I can’t see the back of my hair, so this way I can always check when I’m in a restroom.
9. Wet Ones. A mom’s best friend.
As you can see, my lipstick bag is chock full o’ pink. Right now I’m carrying:
Too Faced in Centerfold (a pinky nude that I LOOOOOOOVE)
NYX Lipstick in Paris (bright but not TOO bright pink–really great price too!!)
Burt’s Bees Tinted Lip balm in Pink Blossom (such a sheer and really pretty shade of pink…I wear this a lot as lipstick!!)
Josie Maran Argan Color Stick in Petal Pink (meh….the jury is still out on this but I think it may be a bit too frosted for my style)
Bare Escentuals Buxom Big and Healthy Lip Polish in Dolly (love the Buxom glosses…I always use them up and buy more!!)
Benefit Silky Finish Lipstick in Jing-A-Ling (I’ve been using this tons and really love it…semi sheer and a great blush pink color)
Tarte Natural Matte Lip Stain in Lucky (not my favorite…a bit dry for me, but sometimes I wear it with gloss over and I like it)
Stila Lip Glaze in Bubblegum (I like it but I do prefer the Buxom…)
Obviously I have a lipstick/gloss problem. And no, I do not want to talk about it.
In the Hello Kitty Bag I have Advil, Band Aids, more pens, and my Sephora for OPI Brush on Cuticle Oil. I love that stuff. I brush it on while I’m waiting in line or in the car, and it keeps my cuticles from getting all dried out and gross.
Important things, people!!
See my cards? I rarely get an opportunity to pass them out, but carrying them makes me feel important and business-ey.
Last but not least is my wallet/checkbook holder which is overstuffed and barely zips close. Not because it’s full of money, but because I collect credit cards.
What? That’s a real thing to collect!
That’s it!! I’d love to hear about what you’re hauling around. Have a happy Wednesday!!