Valentines Day Tulle Wreath

So…I made a Valentines Day Wreath.  And you should too.  Here’s why:

1.  It’s Pink.

2.  It will make you feel Valentiney.

3.  It will make your mailman or mailwoman smile and wonder why you have a tutu hanging on your door.

4.  It’s a daily reminder to your husband that you are a Valentines Day Person, you will be celebrating Valentines Day, and he is expected to celebrate (aka buy you gifts) as well.

I got my original inspiration and tutorial from the Our Best Bites Halloween wreath  (click HERE to view the post and their really great tutorial).  The only changes I made was the color of tulle and accents I used.  I used 3 shades of pink–one light,one medium, and one sparkly fuschia.  I did two knots each of the light and dark pink, followed by one knot of the glittery tulle, so the sparkle wouldn’t take over.

You can get rolls of tulle at your craft store.  For a wreath this size, you will need 4 or 5 rolls.

I definitely advise using a SMALL Styrofoam wreath form…8 inches or so is plenty big because these wreaths DEFINITELY grow.

Remember those Conversation Hearts I covered in acrylic spray for my Valentines Day Centerpieces?  I had some left over and I hot glued a few onto the wreath as an accent.

I found this flower pin at the craft store with all the ribbon and headband making supplies.  You could hot glue any kind of flower though, or make your own from paper.

Isn’t that so cute and easy?  It’s a bit time consuming (it took me over an hour to tie all the tulle…I just turned on a good movie while I sat and tied), but totally worth it.  And if you’ve got a little girl, you can hang it in their room after Valentines Day.

Or if you don’t (like me) you can hang it in your living room.  Your husband will loooove that.

Happy crafting!!

Comments

Erin Maree says:

I love this :) I did a wreath similar to this for christmas 2 years ago but used a metal coat hanger which I shaped into in a circle and tied strips of white plastic bag (recycled of course!) and did red ribbon every 4 or so bag knots, I then hot glued some red star beads I had on it and topped it off with a red ribbon (tied around the coat hanger hook which you twist to hang off your door). It took me around 2 hours but it was worth it and looked so good and cost me nothing :)

Ashley says:

I just found one similar to this on Pinterest that I am going to make! Yours looks awesome! Great job!

Hayley says:

So adorable–I think I even saw tulle at my Dollar store. Yay!

christina says:

Great idea!

Leslie says:

I have seen so many DIY wreaths on Pinterest lately and I really really want to make one (once I decide :}). My only concern is how all the material (tulle, felt, ribbon, etc.) hold up in the weather (I’m in Colorado) and the sun. Does it fade or get musty from moisture? If someone could shed light on past experiences that’d be great. I’m dying to make one! Very pretty by the way!

Debra says:

Tulle does not fade. The mesh ribbon wreaths don’t hold up well though. Very disappointing…

• Debra says:

I forgot to say, fabric, ribbons, felt might not weather well either. Ribbon that is meant for outdoors-still available in crafts stores from Christmas will weather okay though. I have 14 wreaths on the house for all seasons…I have learned! : )

• Makalah says:

Defendants’ expenses. Luckily, those who are sued, called de�fendants, have less to worry about�other than an increase in their rates, of course�since their QuotesChimp’ fees and court costs are paid by the insurance company. Defense lawyers charge the insurance company an hourly rate, usually at a premium because of the volume of cases a defense firm will handle.

Debra says:

How long are the tulle strips? I could not find this information.

Debra says:

And is the wreath flat or round? I got both as I can’t tell by the photo.

Sage says:

OMGosh, this is perfect for my daughter’s 4th birthday party (Pinkalicious theme)! Definitely going to have to give this a shot! Thanks!!

Karen says:

I wonder how it would look with a heart shape wreath. So cute–I am making one after I run to Michael’s!

Lisa says:

This wreath is perfection. Absolutely adorable!!! It’s the cutest wreath I’ve seen.

Andie says:

So cute. I may need to make these for my girl’s rooms for the entire year!

Maria says:

When you say 4 to 5 rolls do you mean 6 inches at 25 yards or 3 inches at 25 yards? I made my first tulle wreath the other day and found that 6 inch strips were just too wide and cut them in half. This is all new to me and am finding the prices horrible! Do you have any tips on making ribbon flowers or flowers out of tulle circles? I love your tutorial thank you so much for posting it!

Valerie says:

Thanks for the beautiful wreath idea! I made a purple and mint one for Easter. I used your website as the “craft of the day” on our Facebook day. Check us out at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Brushes-and-Thread/231012056980834

Don’t you just love Valentine’s Day decorations? I have so many projects I’ll never get to them all. I’m supposed to be working on Super Bowl Party food, but I’m making this wreath for my granddaughter first. Thanks!

Donna Lewis says:

Love this, love your comments, love your humor, you had me L O L. I no longer work, didn’t retire, Quit ! So have a lot of time on my hands. I consider myself crafty, love to work with a little bit of everything. Look forward to making this wreath for my granddaughters party in April. Mahalo for the ideas and sharing. And Mahalo for the humor, so enjoyed it. Glad I found you, you are very inspiring.

1. [...] made a Valentines Wreath for my front door.  It’s a daily reminder to my husband that I’m a Valentiney Person, [...]

2. [...] Valentines Day Tulle Wreath I found this flower pin at the craft store with all the ribbon and headband making supplies. You could hot glue any kind of flower though, or make your own from paper. Isn’t that so cute and easy? It’s a bit time consuming (it took me over an hour to tie all the tulle…I just turned on a good movie while I sat and tied), but totally worth it. And if you’ve got a little girl, you can hang it in their room after Valentines Day. [...]

3. [...] Valentine’s Day Tulle Wreath – That’s What We Said [...]

4. [...] favorite thing is my tulle wreath!  I put it on my door, and it makes me happy. It took MUCH longer than I thought, but it was worth [...]