Dermalogica PreCleanse

Dermalogica is a brand that is fairly new to me.  A couple of months ago, I received a sample of their Microexfoliant in my Birchbox and LOVED it.  It’s a powder that you blend with water to form a paste, and rub on your face and rinse off.  It doesn’t feel like it’s doing anything, but your face feels so so smooth afterwords, and it’s made with all natural ingredients.  It’s not the cheapest in the world, but you only need to use a tiny bit, so the container lasts a really really long time.

A few weeks later, I saw Dermalogica Precleanse on the Kathy and Hoda hour of the Today Show as one of their “favorite things”.  I’m not a huge fan of Kathy and Hoda, or their hour (I can’t even say I’m in support of Winesday, sorry), but since I loved my other Dermalogica product so much, I thought I’d try it.

PreCleanse is an oil that you rub on your face to remove your make up.  You dampen your face, rub a dime sized drop of oil all over, and rinse it off.  I was a little skeptical, because I have tried almost all the make up removers out there, and am generally a fan of remover wipes.  I wear a lot of make up, especially on my eyes, and wasn’t so sure a little bit of oil could take care of business.

Well.  This stuff is basically magic.  I just smear it in real good, especially around my eyes.  At first it looks a little scary because you can see your make up rubbing around your face like crazy.  But when you rinse it off…it’s all gone!!  Seriously the best make up remover I have ever used.  It doesn’t leave my eyes stinging like some of the wipes do, and my face feels nice and soft afterwards.  It has a fresh lemony scent too.

Once again, this stuff isn’t the cheapest, but it lasts so long that you end up saving money.  I was going through a pack of wipes every two weeks or so, so this is a much better alternative for me.

Give it a whirl…trust me, it’s the best!!!

What make up removers do you use and do they work for you?  I’m always open to new suggestions.

Comments

Sarah @ Miss CandiQuik says:

Gotta love Mary Kay Oil free eye make-up remover…$15, can’t beat it – but I haven’t tried this…

Deb says:

All Natural Huggies (unscented) baby wipes! The idea came from a dermatologist in one of the magazines I read. I buy the giant refill pack. They are economical, last me forever and SO convenient for my lazy, I-hate-taking-off-my-makeup routine!

Shannon says:

I love the makeup removing wipes too. I use the clean and clear brand bc they are “makeup dissolving” – even when I pile on the make up it takes it right off. When I read this 2 days ago I immediately went to amazon.com and purchased it since it had your seal of approval and I love dermalogica. It should be here today! I love my monthly Birchbox– y’all should do a review of your box(es) every month. –Thanks for this recommendation, I’m excited to try it!

Emma says:

I love the eye make up remover from Urban Decay. I can’t remember the name of it but it has a picture of a mermaid on it. I love their makeup, especially the sparkly colore but always had a difficult time getting it off. This stuff takes it off quickly and doesn’t burn my eyes or contacts.Plus it is pretty enough to leave sitting out.

julia says:

Kristan, just wanted to let you know about an anti-bacterial cloth from a company called Norwex. I use this little microfiber cloth dampened with water and it removes (without scrubbing) every little trace of make up from my face. and it’ll last you 2 decades or more. it’s like $12 or something. i know it may seem hokey pokey but it’s the real deal, and you don’t have to put unknown amount of chemicals and weird crud on your body.

Jenny Barton says:

Dermalogica’s Precleanse is probably the best makeup remover on the market (in my opinion, of course). I am a Licensed Makeup Artist and Skin Therapist and I have tried HUNDREDS of products. Precleanse is made from Kakui Nut oil and other ingredients. It is a “water-loving” formula. You should basically put it on dry skin first and rub in those stubborn areas as well as all over face. It’s great for removing all makeup and even waterproof mascaras without harming your lashes. Once it is rubbed it, add a little water and rinse off. It binds to the water and lifts everything off with it removing all traces of makeup as well as any excess oils on your skin. If you are prone to breakouts or mid-day shine this products is a must have! It binds to the unwanted oils on the surface of your skin and rinses them away leaving your skin ready for your next skin care step! (Also, ladies – if you knew the alcohol content and pH level in those baby wipes you were using and how it causes your skin to “shock” as well as drying your skin, you would not be using them to remove your makeup.)Good find here!!

7. 6.1
    Jenny Barton says:

It will work. I promise.

1. [...] One thing you might not know about me is that I wear a ridiculous amount of make up.  Especially eye make up.  It’s like pageant day up in here when all I’m doing is folding laundry and cleaning toilets.  Thankfully, I’ve found an awesome make up remover and I’m sharing it HERE. [...]