DIY — Make a Fancy Necklace From Dollar Jewelry!!

Big, chunky jewelry.  It’s a thing nowadays.

Personally, I love accessorizing, but it can get pricey.  Some of those cute necklaces are $25 or $30 each.  No thank you, sirs and madams.

But there is this thing in my town called a $1 Jewelry store.  Does your town hold such a treasure?

I’ll be honest — the jewelry there isn’t always anything to write home about.  Most of the stuff there looks like…jewelry that costs a dollar.  BUT — for a few more bucks, you can make a dollar necklace look like it came from a smancy department store.

Wanna see how?

You’ll need:

A beaded necklace like this one from the $1 Jewelry store

Ribbon

A flower pin — you can also buy these at most jewelry stores, or your craft/hobby store.  OR you can make your own from THIS tutorial I did awhile back)

Fold the necklace in half and tie ribbon to both ends.  If the necklace has a clasp, make sure to tie ribbon over the clasp.  Don’t worry if any of the clasp is showing, you can cover it with a flower pin.

Make sure you measure how low you want the necklace to hang and how big you’ll tie it in the back so you get a good ribbon length.  Instead of cutting my ribbon in 2 equal pieces, I did one longer than the other because I like the look of the beads hanging asymmetrical.

Double knot the ribbon as tightly as possible and cut the end that is hanging out.

Attach the flower pin to the tied end of the ribbon.  I just slid the clip into the middle of the knot.

If you’re only using one flower pin, attach the pin to the end of the bead necklace that has the clasp, so it’s covered.

Look at what you’ve got now!!

There are so many fun color options with these necklaces.  I think total, my cost was about $5 (and I still had a lot of left over ribbon).

I hope you make one for yourself soon!!  And if you do — be sure to share a photo on our Facebook page.  We’d love to see what you come up with!!

Happy Tuesday!!

Comments

Pam says:

That’s a great necklace, but here in Houston, we have a store called Sam Moon. I’m not sure where else they are, but they have great, very inexpensive costume jewelry. Check out their website … http://sammoon.com/

Amelia says:

how cute! are you familiar with dollarstorecrafts.com? they frequently feature and link to tutorials similar to this one. might be a good way to spread the word about this site! :)

(and no, i am not affiliated with them in any way…i just like the ideas there, and i like that they give credit to the originators.)

Joycelyn says:

Very cool! I have been adding pins to necklaces to make them longer, but I love adding ribbon too. Thanks for the idea.
    Jww

Debra Kapellakis says:

Fantastic idea. Thank you for sharing. I would wear this necklace.

Lizy b says:

Super cute!! Great teenage craft too!!

Renee says:

How cute! Love the idea & execution ;)

kimberlydawn says:

I wish we had a dollar jewelry store in my town! Oh the things I could do…you are so lucky!

I will immediately take hold of your rss as I can
    not in finding your e-mail subscription link or newsletter service.
    Do you have any? Kindly permit me recognise in order that I could subscribe.
    Thanks.

Right here is the right site for anybody who really wants to
    find out about this topic. You know so much its almost
    hard to argue with you (not that I actually will
    need to…HaHa). You definitely put a fresh spin on a topic which has
    been written about for decades. Wonderful stuff, just
    excellent!

Preston says:

Needed to draft you a bit of observation just to say thank you once again relating to the unique principles you have discussed in this article.
    It is quite unbelievably open-handed of you to offer openly all
    that many of us might have supplied for an e book to earn some dough for their own
    end, chiefly seeing that you could possibly have tried it in the event you desired.
    The secrets likewise worked to become a great way to comprehend most
    people have similar eagerness just as my very own to see significantly more concerning this condition.
    I am sure there are lots of more enjoyable moments
    up front for those who read through your website.

As the admin of this site is working, no question very rapidly it will be renowned,
    due to its feature contents.

voucher code says:

Good post. I learn something totally new and challenging on sites I stumbleupon on a daily basis.
    It will always be exciting to read articles from other authors and use a little something from other web sites.

I’d gladly take the earrings I am not picky! Many thanks for
    this chance!!!!!

Don says:

My husband buys me jewellery from Helzberg once or twice a year.
    I’d really like to really have a fresh set of 1ct. diamond studs.

Hey there would you mind stating which blog platform you’re using?
    I’m going to start my own blog in the near future but I’m having a difficult time selecting between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution
    and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design
    seems different then most blogs and I’m looking for something
    unique. P.S My apologies for being off-topic but I had to ask!

1. [...] on That’s What She WE Said, I am sharing how to make this completely adorable necklace.  Super cheap and easy, [...]

2. [...] DIY Cute Department Store Necklace From Dollar Jewelry Want to make your own adorable chunky necklace from inexpensive jewelry? I'm showing you how and it's really easy! [...]

3. DIY Cute Department Store Necklace From Dollar Jewelry

Want to make your own adorable chunky necklace from inexpensive jewelry? I’m showing you how and it’s really easy!!