Today we have the completely adorable Jessica showing us her goods.
If you don’t know Jessica you MUST go over and check out her site, The Novice Chef.
I was super excited when she agreed to spill her purse for the benefit of our nosiness. And she certainly didn’t disappoint.
SO let’s get our snoop on.
Take it away, Jessica!!
When Shelly asked me to share what’s in my purse I got all sweaty and hive-y. Sure in the magazines it looks perfect, but they have expensive things, pretty bags and people hired to make their stuff look good.
I have 500 bajillion receipts that I never throw away. Usually at least two half empty bottles of water. 14 pens. And 3 tampons that somehow fell out of their wrappers. It’s a serious hot mess in there! But after I dug through all of that, this is what I have left…
1. Gianni Bini Gretchen Satchel:
It’s a giant grab all type bag and I love it. It’s from a few seasons ago, but I found one on Ebay! It does not have dividers, so I keep everything organized in seperate bags inside…otherwise I spend 20 minutes looking for my keys when I am already 10 minutes late.
Because you never know when you are going to run out of iPhone battery and be forced to read magazines from 5 years ago at the doctors office.
3. Candy Wrapper Clutch:
It’s perfect with some outfits to add a fun splash of color and is always a big conversation starter, but lately I have been using it as my purse inside a purse. I got mine in Mexico for $12. If you aren’t traveling to Mexico anytime soon, check out Etsy! I suggest one like this and then just cut off the straps to make it a clutch/purse in a purse.
Yup, that’s my iPhone with a 3D flower case. I switch cases like most people change underwear, but currently it’s that bright yellow flower case. Yesterday it was the cassette tape case…and before that the gameboy case.
That’s my pink/silver sparkle wallet. If you push the sequins the other way, it turns into silver sequins instead of pink. It’s totally classy. It’s from TJ Maxx and I can’t find it anywhere online.
6. Steve Madden Sunglasses/Case
When I bought these sunglasses, they gave me the case for free. I’m all over freebies.
1. Kleenex: Because boogers aren’t hot.
2. Orbit Blue Gum: Because after I eat a lunch of roasted garlic hummus, I feel it’s only fair I try to mask it with gum.
3. My Great Grandmother Stella’s locket watch necklace: My Granny gave it to me when I was visiting last week and I am shopping around for a longer chain for it.
4. Lips: You never know what you might need. So I always have more than one! Above you will find….
LypSyl LypMoisturizer Lip Balm: Besides the dumb name it’s actually better (and cheaper) than Bert’s Bees. Ya, I said it!
Loreal Peach Fuzz 417: It’s the only color that I can wear year round. If I’m tan, it looks good. If I make Casper look black, it still looks good!
C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Tint: Watch for them at Bath & Body Works on their big sales and stock up. They mark them down to $1 a piece and they are soooo worth it.
5. iLuv Pink Earphones: I bought them because they were $6 and pink. What can I say, I’m easy.
6. Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt Caramel: You never know when PMS might strike.
7. Nailpolish: Those are the current nail polishes I am rocking, Essie “A Cut Above” and Xtreme Wear “Fuchsia Power”. In case there is an accident, I am prepared to fix it! You have no idea how many times I have painted a nail at a stop light. No idea.
8. Lush Mint Julips Lip Scrub: Umm so I totally forgot to put a number by it…but it’s chillin between the nail polish and gum. This is quite possibly the one thing in my purse I can’t live without. It’s an exfoliant for your lips that tastes like a delicious Mint Julip. It’s almost sorta like you are drinking before noon. Almost.
Big thanks to the wonderful Shelly & Kristan for having me and my bag of tricks!