The BEST Nude Eyeshadows for Fall

If you know me, you know that I have a bit of an eyeshadow addiction.

Well, I actually call it COLLECTING, because it sounds more acceptable, but you get my drift.

And while I’d like to say that they’re all different and totally necessary in their own way…a lot of them are just slightly different versions of the EXACT. SAME. THING.

Nudes.

I looooove a good nude eyeshadow.  They go with anything, look great on everyone, and can be applied to look casual or glammed up for the evening.

With Fall right around the corner, some gorgeous golds, tans and browns are the perfect addition to your make-up COLLECTION.

Here are my favorites!!

SINGLES:

While I love a good palette, singles are cheaper and are great for applying a quick all-over color.  Most days I don’t have time for contouring or smoky eye, so it’s nice to have one eyeshadow that looks great from lash line to brow bone.  These shades also work well as a base, if you want to go back later in the day and add a bit of darker contour for an outing in the evening.

Stila Kitten has always been one of my favorites.  It’s a shimmery gold that looks good on everyone and stays on all day.  The price isn’t bad for the size and quality, and this eyeshadow is also great for sweeping along cheekbones for a highlight.

MAC All That Glitters is Shelly’s go to color.  I love it, but it’s a bit dark as an all over color if you have really fair skin.  I’d recommend it for medium to dark skin tones, or as a contour/lid shade for fair skin.  You really can’t go wrong with MAC…the color is highly pigmented and goes on flawlessly.

I’m fair skinned, so MAC Naked Lunch is my favorite all over color.  It’s a very toned down beigey gold that is really pretty — not too shimmery or gold looking.  I use this almost every day on my entire lid up to my brow bone.  It’s really understated and great for any occasion.

For a cheaper option, CoverGirl Champagne is a good bet for an all over or base color.  It’s an inexpensive, shimmery champagne color, and is great for most skin tones.

Palettes:

I love Palettes because they do all the guess work for you.  The colors are made to compliment one another and go in order from light to dark.  The lightest colors are meant as a base, the medium for your lid, and darkest shades go in the crease.  But — there are so many other options.  You can use a base color with a medium color in the crease for a light daytime smoky eye, you can use a medium color on the lid, a dark color in the crease, and a DARKER color along the lash line for some drama, or just apply the lightest shade all over on days you’re in a hurry.  Palettes make it easy to experiment with different looks.

L’Oreal Desert Sunrise is one of my all time favorite drugstore eyeshadows.  The #1 shade is a great all over shade if you want to wear it alone, #2 is pretty as a brow bone highlight, and #4 would be great in your crease OR as an eyeLINER  — apply it along your lash line with a wet liner brush or eyeshadow sponge for even more drama.

NYX is one of my favorite inexpensive brands, and this Caviar and Bubbles palette is gorgeous!!  Tons of pretty shades and sparkle.

Stila In the Light is a higher end brand, but still affordable and worth the money.  It comes with ten great shades in varying colors AND a full sized liner.  You can do a neutral smoky eye, or use the grey and black for an evening look.

I’ve avoided the Kat Von D make – up line for some time now.  Not because there is anything wrong with the products, but because I can’t stand the fact that she dated Jesse James.  Anyhow — I finally caved the other day when I was browsing Sephora and saw this gorgeous set.  The photos don’t do it justice!!  The shades are so pretty and there are a few with just the right amount of sparkle.  The compact itself is pretty too, and it comes with a full sized eyeliner.

Of course, I have to recommend the Urban Decay Naked Palette.

This thing was flying off the shelves when it first came out — it was even on back order for awhile!!

I do love Urban Decay, and admit that these shades are just gorgeous.  However — it’s pricey!!  So make sure you’re in love with the colors and will use most of them.  Otherwise, it’s just not worth it.

After the success of Naked, Urban Decay quickly produced a sequel.

I also own Naked 2, and love it a lot more than the first.  The colors are cooler nudes without the heavy gold undertones, with is much more suited for my fair skin.  I also love that there is a black, which is handy as an eyeliner.  The gloss that comes with is really pretty too!!

Well, this ought to be enough inspiration to start your own collecting…
Let me know what you think — and tell me what YOUR favorite nude eyeshadows are!!

Comments

Sweetsugarbelle says:

Guess Should go makeup shopping STAT!

Naked is way pricey which stinks, but I love Urban Decay and am a die-hard fan! Thanks for including the drugstore purchases, too. NYX is one of my faves because it’s cheap AND Ulta has coupons for is (score!) so I’ll definitely be picking up that Naked-knockoff on a budget!

Shelley says:

I wear Cover Girl champagne as my all over base color every single day. I use a plum Bobbi Brown color on the lid that I’ve had forevah. I also use it every day. Man, I sound boring, I should really switch it up a bit.

SNancyKat says:

I’ve been use the L’Oreal 4 set for years! I’ve had so many version of it. But it’s all in the brown group. I’m a pretty hard core L’Oreal person anyway. For the money, they are a really nice set of products. Its the only foundation that is fair enough for me. MAC is wonderful if you’re willing to shell out the money.

FYI– the BEST-BEST-BEST loose face powder is still Coty Airspun (in the pretty round box with the vintage powder puffs on it). I’ve used it since high school. It’s now owned by another company (don’t remember who) but you can still find it even at Wal-Mart. The full selection has a lot of different tones (cool pink, warm yellow, etc)

Cyndi says:

Awesome recommendations, thank you!! I have been make-up free for quite some time but now that I have 2 girls (& a boy, but I don’t want him to wear makeup! lol) I feel like I need to start wearing some (not to mention, I will be 40 soon *gasp* and could use the help of make-up! lol) so I have been picking up a few things here and there… A good lesson on application of said make-up would be AWESOME :) I don’t want to look like a clown and thus raise more clown like peeps :D

Laurel says:

Love those colors. Just went to Ulta and spent way too much on eye shadow. I bought a ton of stuff with great intentions. Guess what, I totally suck a putting it on. Can you guys direct me to a place that will teach me what I’m doing? Maybe I should buy applying make up for dummies. Thanks, you guys really are so wonderful.

Crystel says:

When I was 17, I got my makeup done at a MAC counter (out here in Oregon, they have their own stores, but they also have counters at most Nordstroms). They totally taught me how to apply my makeup correctly. I’ve seen adults requesting the same thing, too. At most counters, if you ask, they’ll give you a printed face map to show where they used each color so you can take it home for reference. Or, if you don’t want to ask, just go get your makeup done at any makeup counter and pay attention to what they’re doing. :o)

Jessi says:

If you need some pointers for makeup look at youtube. There are some really good ladies (and gents) out there doing tutorials. One of my favorites that have never steered me wrong is “Pixiwoo”. They do some fabulous looks.

I have the Naked 2 set and adore it. I am Asian and always struggle with how to apply eye shadow. So- I tend to stick with a neutral tone on the lid. Naked 2 fits my skin tone perfectly.

Libby says:

I love MAC Naked Lunch–in fact, I had forgotten about it until you mentioned it, so I need to pull it out and start wearing it again, I’m a little bit of an eyeshadow junkie too. :) MAC Shroom is a great all over color…..a really pretty Champagne-ish color with just a little shimmer. Bobbi Brown Champagne is great too. I can’t wait to try out that NYX palette, and I think I need Naked also–it looks so pretty!!

Marie M.C. says:

Can anyone recommend a good eye brow pencil? I also use a brow powder — which I’m happy with. I buy both at the drugstore — cause I’m a cheapskate. Maybe I need to spend more then $5 to get something good???

Jen says:

Marie,

I’m a natural redhead with blonde eyebrows, so I look invisible until I add both mascara and brows. Having tried numerous brands, from Benefit to MAC, my new fave is from Sephora. The pencil is their own brand, waterproof, and is retractable. One end has a little brow comb too. I think it is $12.

Debbi says:

I use Rimmel as I live in UK I use the Autumn Colours all the time being a brunette every now and again I may put a little shimmer of Lilac to contrast

Patty says:

What is a “Beyblade” and just who ARE the “Honey Boo Boo Family”?

tumblr.com says:

With your permission, I will take this opportunity and
    state just how much I really like checking out this blog’s posts. It never fails to make me think… Or feel

1. [...] I’m sharing my favorite nude eyeshadows for Fall HERE. [...]