Drinkable Pumpkin Pie

I know that I may be jumping the gun a bit on Pumpkin Season.

But in my defense, it’s hard coming up with yummy nonalcoholic drink ideas…and I’m craving Fall.

Yes, it IS possible to crave an entire season.

This drink is absolutely amazing — caffeine free, so you can share it with the kiddos AND it tastes just like drinking pumpkin pie.

Seriously, you’ll want it all the time.

INGREDIENTS

1/2 cup canned pumpkin

2 cups milk

4 TBS vanilla coffee syrup

4 TBS white sugar

1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

Whipped cream and cinnamon for garnish

In a saucepan over medium high heat, whisk together pumpkin, milk, vanilla syrup, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice.  Bring to a simmer (don’t boil).

Pour into 2 mugs and top with whipped cream and cinnamon.

Enjoy and have a great weekend!!

Comments

Ummm… WOW!! A non-coffee, HOT pumpkin drink – YUMMY!!! Can’t wait to try it!

olyne Vernon says:

Perfect! My daughters are obsessed with anything Harry Potter at the moment, and ever since I made them home made Butter Beer, they have been asking for Pumpkin juice..I think this will fit the bill! Thanks!

Shannon K says:

Sounds amazing!! Great idea for a themed non-alcoholic drink for Thanksgiving (I’m Canadian, for us Thanksgiving is only a couple of weeks away). Silly question – where would I find vanilla coffee syrup?

CherylF says:

Shannon K I am with you…in Canada as well & was wondering the same thing. The only thing I have ever seen that would be close is the coffee flavored creams….nothing syrup about them. :-/ The recipe sounds delicious!

• It’s a vanilla flavored syrup that is sold in the coffee aisle of most grocery stores here…it’s used to flavor coffee. I bought mine at Target, just used the Target brand.

If you can’t find flavored coffee syrup, I suggest adding another Tablespoon of sugar and a dash of vanilla extract.

• Alison says:

I live in Canada and I buy the syrups (you can get lots of different flavours) at Starbucks or other coffee shops.

Carole Ann Spear says:

I’m glad someone already asked about the vanilla coffee syrup, I didn’t know that either. I do have a question, is there a way to print this? Thanks for your help. I’m new here.

Anna says:

Left click on the top of the recipe, hols down the left side of your mouse and go over the recipe, which will high light it, then , whild holding your pointer over the high lighted part,right click the mouse which will give you several choice, click on Print, that will open your print window, then look down on the left of it and click “selection” , then print. That way it will only print what you high lighted,not the whole page. Hope this helps, good luck, ;-)

Brittany says:

I will be trying this asap :D

was wondering if honey instead of sugar and almond milk instead of regular milk…just to make it low cal.

Brandi says:

I used a 1/4 cup of honey instead of the syrup and sugar and it turned out great. It was plenty sweet with half the amount of sugar.

Rosiey says:

I heart the jack in the box and they have none around here. Remember when we got those AWESOMELY huge bugrres at the Jack in the box in Charlotte when we went to see Kelly?I also got the Laughed at/Employee Attitude when I asked for Pumpkin Pies at the McDonald’s here last year and I was all.. well they have them in ROANOKE!

Hey! Do you know if they make any plugins to assist with Search Engine
    Optimization? I’m trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I’m not seeing very good results.
    If you know of any please share. Kudos!