American Horror Story: Asylum

Hey guys.

Popping in for a quick update.

Last year Kristan did a great job of recapping American Horror Story’s first season

But this season we are calling in sick…

Or scared.

Yeah, more like calling in scared.

After watching the first 2 episodes we are both thinking that it might be a little “intense” for us this year.

Don’t get me wrong, I am all for scary movies..but AHS is taking it to the next level this season.  No sunny Connie Britton or heart-throbby Dylan McDermott.

This season we are left with a lot of the side-characters from the first season playing completely different roles.   It is essentially a new show, with the same name and a few of the same actors.

“Set in 1964, American Horror Story: Asylum takes us into a Church-run haven for the criminally insane, ruled with an iron fist by Sister Jude (Jessica Lange), a nun with a troubled past.  Inside this locked down facility, danger lurks around every corner.  From Nazis and serial killers, to mutants and aliens, no one is safe inside these walls. Starring Jessica Lange as “Sister Jude”, Sarah Paulson as “Lana Winters”, James Cromwell as “Dr. Arthur Arden,” Evan Peters as “Kit Walker,” Lily Rabe as “Sister Mary Eunice,” Lizzie Brocheré as “Grace,” Zachary Quinto as “Dr. Oliver Thredson,” and Joseph Fiennes as “Monsignor Timothy Howard.” Guest stars for the miniseries will include Frances Conroy, Chloe Sevigny, Adam Levine and Mark Consuelos.”  – http://fxnetworks.com

And I don’t know about you, but any show that can make Mark Consuelos seem terrifying has totally crossed a line.

The first episode started with Adam Levine..which was totally promising, but we all knew it wouldn’t last.  If you are gonna go exploring haunted asylums do you really deserve to survive?

So anyway… torture, nuns, clinically insane people playing checkers…I have to draw the line somewhere.

And for the sake of sleeping at night we have decided to take a break this time around…

I’d love to hear your thoughts, though, if you’ve watched any of the new season.

Like it?

Too much?

If you are brave American Horror Story: Asylum airs on FX Wednesdays at 10 pm EST

Comments

Shelley says:

It is definitely crazy this season. I watched both episodes this weekend and was totally engrossed, and totally grossed out by some of it. I’m anxious to see what happens. Right now they’re going back and forth between present day the past so it’s all very mysterious. I will be tuning in, well…as long as there is someone to watch with me!

Jeremy says:

The reboot of the season was brilliant. I love the setting, it’s very creepy. Adam Levine’s brief role so far has been sick, and it lends to an overall fear for the rest of show. My coworker at DISH said Dr. Arden is the scariest character and I have to agree. I’ve got the first season and I’m recording the new season on my Hopper. Since it has 2000 hours of recording time available I don’t have to worry about how much free space I have. Right now I want to know what’s in the woods.

Agreed that this year is a completely different, ahem, monster. But I’ll still watch. I adore this show, in all it’s incarnations.

….although I will admit they almost lost me on the alient abduction. :)

Mandy says:

Agree with you all! I watched the first one and thought it wasn’t too bad. But I couldn’t keep watching during the 2nd episode! It’s just too Evil (for me anyway)! Plus where I live it doesn’t start until 11PM so I am watching from bed in my dark bedroom and I couldn’t get to sleep last week after watching just the first 15 minutes!! I will give Jessica Lange major props though…she is just incredible!!

Kerry says:

This is how I watch this show: it is on the t.v. and my husband watches it. I walk in and out of the room and run away and hide my eyes when I think it is going to be scary. Then after the show is over I ask my husband what happened. I find that this is a better way to watch it, then I don’t have scary nightmares!

Kclery says:

I haven’t watched this show, so I don’t have feedback. But if you need something to replace AHS, you should tune into Nashville on Wednesday nights. I’m really enjoying it so far. I’m not a fan of country music, but I really like the music on this show! The storyline is good. And Connie Britton plays one of the main characters!

gorillabuns says:

love it! I think it is going to get even more creepy and weird before we are through!

Melissa says:

First season was interesting, I’m STILL pissed on how they “ended” I mean, are they going to tie these two series in together somehow? I dunno, yea, this is scarier, but I LOVE scary movies, I in fact can’t get enough of scary movies/shows, so this doesn’t bother me @ all.

I really wanna know what’s gonna happen. I don’t think the guy they arrested for killing all those women IS Bloody Face. I think he’s the Dr doing experiments on the patients. Did Kit really kill his wife, or was it aliens? Lots to find out!

Hollyz says:

My husband and I loved the first season, but this season…….we’re out!! I like scary, but this is just too much, I can’t even watch fight scenes in movies, let alone torture, also the whole “alien” thing was just too ridiculous! So were out….at least for this season!