Can you believe Thanksgiving is LESS than a week away?
Me either. I’m fairly convinced I’ve been victim to some type of time conspiracy, but I obviously can’t prove it, so whatevs.
Anyways — I saw a recipe for Pecan Pie Soda in the Thanksgiving issue of Food Network magazine and was intrigued…
So I decided to take things one step further and turn it into an ice cream float. It’s seriously delicious!!
- Pecan Pie Syrup:
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans (I toasted mine by tossing them in a skillet over medium heat and stirring until fragrant)
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- The Rest:
- Club Soda
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Whipped Cream
1. In a medium saucepan, bring water, pecans, syrup, brown sugar, vanilla, lemon, and salt to a rolling boil. Lower heat and continue to boil until mixture reduces to about 3/4 cup of syrup (about 40 minutes to an hour). Strain and let cool, setting pecans aside for garnish.
2. Scoop ice cream into glass. Pour a few tablespoons of syrup in glass, then top with club soda and mix gently. Top with whipped cream, candied pecans, and additional syrup if desired.
These are seriously yummy — I hope you enjoy them!! Have a happy weekend and a great Thanksgiving!!