Does today really even count as Friday?
Because it kinda feels like a Wednesday.
But I’m not gonna argue with the calendar, especially when it works to my benefit.
We are in our first official week of 2013…
And in New Jersey it’s pretty stinking cold out.
So what I am going to do is have a drink and pretend I am on a beach in Mexico somewhere…
Which brings me to The Paloma.
It’s a drink that’s pretty standard in Mexico…so let’s think beyond the margarita, ladies and get authentic.
It’s a simple cocktail that’s so yummy. It starts with tequila…but save your icky Cuervo Gold for your college friends. You’ll need a decent Blanco for this one.
- 2 oz blanco tequila
- 6 oz Grapefruit soda, or I like Fresca in these too
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- salt for rimming (optional)
- Rim glass with salt, if desired.
- Fill glass with ice, tequila and lime juice. Top with grapefruit soda.
- Garnish with a lime wedge or even a maraschino cherry.