Whatta Man Monday ~ Downton Abbey Edition

It’s THAT WEEK, ladies…

The week I have been waiting for since LAST WINTER — the premier of Season 3 of Downton Abbey!!

Obviously, a Downton Abbey Whatta Man needs to happen.  It can’t be overlooked.  I won’t allow it.

However…before we get started, I have the duty of unveiling the 2012 winner of Whatta Man of the Year.

Drumroll….

NATHAN FILLION!!!!!

I have to tell you, Shelly and I are shocked.  SHOCKED!!  But I guess I’m going to do my research and check out Firefly on Netflix.  I’ll be reporting back with the results.

Now, let’s get started, shall we?

Now obviously, I’m pretty sure who’s gonna win this thing (cough cough Matthew).  Bates isn’t the sexiest man on the block, fo sheez.  However — his kindness, chivalry, and British charm earned him a spot in the competition.  He’s already wrongfully imprisoned, I can’t let him be left out.  NOT ON MY WATCH, BATES!!

All three men have found love at Downton Abbey — chauffeur Tom Branson with Sybil,  valet Bates with Anna, and Matthew with Lady Mary.  All three love stories are totally swoon worthy and tragic in their own right.

Here they are with their leading ladies.  Oh Bates…stop being such a martyr, for ONCE in your life!!!  Poor Anna.  Sigh.

So, who fits your fancy?

Headstrong Tom Branson, chivalrous Mr. Bates, or classy Matthew Crawley?

I’m so excited Downton Abbey is back and I can’t wait to see your votes!!

Comments

Stacey says:

Wow, I’m completely shocked that Nathan won!

I was beyond thrilled to have Downton back on! And it did not disappoint!!! Such a great show. :) I do like all three but Matthew is definitely “Whatta Man”!

Jessica D. says:

WOW I am sooo happy you didn’t add Thomas to this list i would have never forgiven you!

I love Bates he is such a good character…. but my whatta man totally goes to Matthew!!!

Natasha says:

Matthew! But Bates is surprisingly sexy.

Nikki says:

I love Bates. Tom really impressed me in last night’s episode. But Cousin Matthew? Oh man. My heart skips a beat every time he is on the screen. He is so beautiful, so kind, so loving, so genuine. Omg. Love, love, LOVE him!

Jen Grimm says:

I am so glad Nathan won! He has the mature charisma that the Whatta Man title deserves! Now I don’t watch Downton Abbey and I’m not sure who is who, but I am voting for the man in the large pic on the left! He is the most hot of the 3!

SNancyKat says:

I love this show and watch it. But was just discussing with someone how most of the upstairs characters are such pompous twats that you can’t really LIKE them all that much. Matthew would be sleeping in the stables since he can’t get off his moral high horse, if I were married to him. I’d have to smack Bates up side the head for being such a useless martyr. And Branson, geez, “please embarrasse me for the rest of my life with all your soap boxing.” Maybe I’m old and lived too much to find that “throw myself on my sword” types anything but annoying.

BUT, I will say that there is something about the twinkle in (Bates) Brandon Coyle’s eyes when he smiles that makes feel like giggling and scuffing my toe in the dirt.

Leslie says:

Oh Mr. Bates, I love him so much. But I will have to give my vote to the always swoon-worthy Cousin Matthew, he will take the gold in this for sure. Such a class act. His mother on the other hand I’d like to put a piece of duct tape over her mouth :)

Melanna says:

It takes a lot to get me to vote in these sort of things, but Downton Abbey? So there! And yes, thank you for not including Thomas on the list. Gag. I would have loved to see Lord Grantham in the running just because he’s totally handsome, but WAY older. I’d be curious how he would do against someone like Matthew.
    Hmm, I love Bates and he and Anna have probably made me cry the most, but again, if we’re purely just going for looks, I have to go with Cousin Matthew. To be fair there may have been a few tears shed around that love story on my part too!
    Branson annoys the heck out of me, though I appreciated his pep talk to Matthew last night so he bumped up a couple notches in my book.

Melissa says:

Matthew

veronica says:

If I was just going on looks alone I would say Branson….but since I have been counting down the days since this summer to the show last night, and watch every DA video I can get my hands on, my vote is going for Matthew. LOVED the episode last night and cant wait till next week :)

Marie M.C. says:

Matthew! Was just reading an article in the Los Angeles Times about the real actors of my beloved characters. (What! they’re NOT real?) Matthew (whose real name is Dan Patrick ??? I think) is SUPER smart went to Cambridge and he and his wife recently had a child. He was heard to be muttering, “I think I’ll go to my trailer and take a nap.” This Saturday at 11:00 a.m. I have an appt. with the Apple Genius bar and one of their genius’s (genius’ geniuses ??) WILL teach me how to do links. Until then if you want to see the article — try goggling “behind the scenes at Downton Abbey, Los Angeles Times.

I am THRILLED Nathan won!! Cute, smart, witty. Probably kind, considerate and thoughtful, too. I vote for substance over a six-pak any day.

Elizabeth says:

Matthew!!! Those eyes. Good Lord!!!!!
    But I have to say, that Bates does stir something in me. Those little crinkles in the corner of his eyes…..

Anna S. says:

Bates! Ive been in love with Brendan Coyle years!

Jan says:

Matthew – hands down!

Lauren says:

Bates! Bates! Bates! That smile….dang!

Jane says:

WT*? Nathan Fillion?? I just can’t get over it.

Cathy says:

Branson! Love him!

Jenn Marie says:

Matthew Crawley. He started out a regular working man and stepped up to fill his position.
    But could we give William a posthumous honorable mention? He was loyal, sweet, good-hearted, and adored Daisy, who frankly has issues for not fully realizing the wonderful man he was until after he was gone.

Maggie says:

Mathew obviously – did anyone else think he got way more attractive as the seasons wore on? When he first came to DA he was like doughy and unattractive and then something happened. His eyes got bluer, he slimmed down and bit an wham! he is a dreamboat! Or am I the only one who thought that?

1. [...] week Matthew won on our Downton Abbey Edition.  I’m probably the only person left not to watch that darn show…so I will hold my [...]