Whatta Man Monday — Sex and the City Edition!!

Happy Monday, ladies!!

Last week, Tom Cruise beat Tom Brady in the Love to Hate Edition.  I have to say, that was a tough call, but I’d have to vote Tom Cruise too.  Also, I finally watched Rock of Ages over the weekend…and I am ashamed to say that I LOVED him in it!!  So…there’s that.

Anyways.

This week, I thought we’d go old school with one of my favorite shows turned NOT so favorite movie(s).

Sex and the City.

Mr. Big vs Aidan

s&c1

Tough choice, right?

s&c2

I always felt like Carrie was more herself with Aidan.  But…Mr. Big was always her one true love.

s&c3

While Mr. Big’s look stayed very constant, Aidan ranged from moderately hippie, to a bit more extreme.  Homeboy was hot, but sometimes…his hair and shirt made me question my feelings for him.

s&c4

I was happy to see Aidan make an appearance in Sex and the City 2.  But the rest of the movie?  Not so much.

s&c5

There you have it!!  Two complete cutie pies who couldn’t be more different.  Who gets your vote??

Comments

Norma says:

YAY! Love this one! Ok, I’m actually not a fan of SaTC. Never really got into it. But to me, Chris Noth will ALWAYS be Detective Mike Logan on Law and Order (this was before he was Mr. Big and he was WAAAAY hotter). I’m not at all ashamed to tell you all that my son is named Logan after Mike Logan (L&O is my fav show EVER and Logan was my fav character EVER). And until Logan was about a year old, my family referred to him as Mikey to torture me for naming my child after a tv character. Now that you all have this fascinating history on me (because I know it was so fun), I’ll cast my vote. :)

MR. BIG, AKA Mike Logan, AKA Chris Noth, AKA LOVE OF MY LIFE

Norma says:

Also, I tivo’d Rock of Ages but haven’t watched it yet. The hubs and I are going to have to do that soon.

Kaia says:

Aidan all day any day! He was far too earthy and laid back for Carrie but I’ve loved John Corbett since Northern Exposure.

Tammy T says:

BIG!

Melissa says:

YAY! I was hoping you’d do this one someday!! I am a huge SaTC Fan!! As happy as I was that she ended up with Mr. Big, I ABSOLUTELY loved Aiden!! My vote has to go Aiden!! He was so hot during round 2 of their relationship!!

Melissa
    inherbootsblog.com

Amy says:

Aidan. Aidan all the way!

SNancyKat says:

OMG. Chris Noth, always, forever. I was such a HUGE Noth fan-girl in late 90s/early 2000. I saw every Law & Order episode. I’ve seen everything that man did in the 90s. Even some really rare, stinko made for TV Lifetime movies. And another lame-o film called “Jakarta.” I saw every episode of Sex/City and loved how in most of them, he was in bed. Damn, he was just such a giant piece of man-candy.
    Also in Sex/City, I thought Aiden was pretty boring. I always understood Carrie’s inability to rid herself of her desire for Big. When she’s sneaking around on Aiden with Big and everyone is all “OMG, how horrible. Aiden is soooo nice!” I was all “dayum straight, Carrie. You go girl. I’ll cover for you.”
    Chris, all the way, always. That man can wear Armani like Clooney.

Kerri Marshall says:

I am a huge SaTC fan and this was a tough one!! I love Aiden for reasons but love Big too! On the hot scale Aiden wins though.

Jane K says:

Agree with Kerri above … LOVE Big but Aiden was so cute and hot hot hot … Aiden!!!

Nicole says:

This is no contest for me. Aiden all the way. Chris Noth looks like he could be my father (even though him and John Corbett are only 7 years apart…..) AIDEN!!!!

Jessica D. says:

I go with Aiden! I always wanted Carrie to go back to him. They were so cute together!!

kelly says:

AIDAN! Duh…Big was such a jerk! Couldn’t ever think he was cute, even if he was cute, which he was not…cute ;)
    Also, yes, Aidan could be a little “feelingsy” but dang if homeboy didn’t look like a real man when Carrie ran into him on the street wearing that baby bjorn?!? Hottness.

Kerri says:

Mr Big!! Big time!!! :)

Shelly says:

Definitely Mr Big!

Janet says:

Mr. Big is too high maintenance. I pick Aidan!

Heather says:

I haven’t voted in a while because I haven’t really liked any of the choices. Finally, I’m back to vote! I love Aidan especially after he got a hair cut in the 2nd round of their relationship! Go, Aidan!

Ashley P says:

Aidan all the way!

Ashley says:

I am not a fan of Mr. Big at all! I understand his character and appreciated it more in the book, but not a fan of Chris Noth. Aidan however, seriously! No comparison! When he cut his hair and got buff and opened that bar with Steve…woooo! Aidan is definitely my vote! Plus how could you not love the guy in My Big Fat Greek Wedding!

Kimberly Nelson says:

Aidan..never watched “sex & the city” but loved him on Northern Exposure

Elizabeth says:

Adian. Hands down. I was always a little creeped out by Mr. Big. But now I love him in The Good Wife.

Jennifer B says:

Love them both, but not in Sex in the City. I didn’t watch. I love both of those men in anything they do! I have to say that it would be John Corbett by a hair, I adored him in My Big Fat Greek Wedding. Someone put that man on tv!

Marla says:

Chris Noth (Big) hands down! Even now, on the Good Wife, he rocks! love that lopsided smile!

Jessica says:

Mr. Big all the way!!! Suave, debonair, what more could a girl ask for?

Larissa says:

Aiden when he is cleaned up with the shorter, not so greasy hair!
    Big is hot, but not so approachable and kinda conceited. Not attractive.
    Not sure if Chris Noth is like that in real life, though…does it matter?
    Hard decision. I was glad for Carrie when she got Mr. Big in the end. But that was because that’s who she wanted/loved. Did not like the French dude for her.
    I’d pick Aiden over Big. Done.

Meg F. says:

Aiden! Carrie didn’t deserve him!

Marie M.C. says:

John Corbett, John Corbett, John Corbett. Can I have three votes? Almost as cute as Ewan McGregor. Also he seems smart, sweet and sensitive. The three s’s that count high in my book.

Terri says:

Hands down it’s got to be Big!

Mona says:

No question Aidan is the man!

Julie says:

Aiden for me! Mr. Big for Carrie. ;)

1. [...] week Aiden beat Big in our Sex and the City Edition.  Not so sure how I feel about that one, but honestly, you can’t really go wrong with [...]

2. […] Corbett (Aidan) beat out Big in our Sex and the City Edition.  He was a little too “go with the flow” for me…but I guess you guys liked […]