June Stitch Fix!!

Are you Stitch Fixing yet?

Shelly loved her first box so much, I decided that I needed to sign up.  If you’re unfamiliar, Stitch Fix is basically a service where you fill out a detailed “Style Profile” that gives them an idea of your day to day activities, your size, and your personal style.  Then a stylist puts together FIVE items and pops them in the mail.  These items can be tops, pants, skirts, dresses, accessories…you name it!!

They also send a cute card attached to each item that shows how to style it for day or night.  That is great for someone like me who is a little challenged in that area!!

What I really love is that Stitch Fix makes it super easy to mail back what you don’t want — they include an addressed, prepaid envelope.  Just stick what you don’t want to keep in it and send it on it’s way (this is great for someone like me who is Post Office challenged…).

Well.  I got my first box and I LOVE it!!  So so fun to open it up and see what they picked out for you.

One thing Shelly and I have noticed is that the items they send are usually things we would not have picked out ourselves…and don’t always look super exciting on the hanger.  But trying them on makes a HUGE difference — it all looks so cute and I love it.

With that in mind, I decided to post photos of me actually WEARING the items.  I enlisted my 8 year old Jon David (actually my “blog” hired him for 5 bucks) and had him snap away!!  Please don’t be offended by my pasty white legs (ain’t nobody got time for skin cancer) or still existant baby belly.  I’ll burn it off eventually!!

IMG_3418

First up was a sheer tank with a tie front.  Here they have it paired with jeans and a denim coat, or a skirt and heels.

I love tanks like this because it can go from Summer to Fall very easily!!

IMG_3345

The tank fit good — a little fitted without being snug.  I like that it’s casual enough for running errands, but I can dress sit up for church.  The collar makes it a little cute and different.

I decided to keep it.

IMG_3415

Next up was this 3/4 sleeve jacket.

I really wanted to love the jacket.  The way they have it styled on the card makes it look so classy and timeless…and it had the cutest leopard print lining.

IMG_3379

I ended up decided that no matter how I style it, it’s a little too old looking for me.

I’m sending it back.

IMG_3414

Next was this wrap dress.  I don’t own any wrap dresses, and this didn’t look super flattering or cute when I pulled it out of the box.  But I have heard good things about how comfortable and flattering they are, so I was excited to try it out!!

This is another dress that looks like it could go easily from day to night.

IMG_3395

I really liked it.  Super duper comfortable, and I felt like the cut and print did a good job of camouflaging my middle.

Keeping it.

IMG_3413

Next was this mint lace 3/4 sleeve top.  Again — it isn’t something I would normally choose, but it looked comfortable, and was a cute color.

IMG_3367

I thought it fit fine, and would be great for late Summer/early Fall and Spring.

Keeping it.

IMG_3404

Last up was this necklace, which I absolutely LOVE.  No one ever looks fat in a necklace!!  Yay necklaces!!

Keeping!!

IMG_3425

Here’s the damage.  Not cheap, but not bad either.  I feel like this is about normal for several good quality clothing items.

What I do like is that you have 3 days to decide before you are charged…and can send back whatever you want, or cancel for that month if your budget is tight and you don’t want to be tempted.

So far, I am LOVING Stitch Fix and am excited to see what I get next month!!

If you are interested in signing up, here is the LINK!!!

Comments

Caroline says:

I’ve heard good things about Stitch Fix. I’m just not sure I can afford it. :-/ It might be worth it for one month just to try, right?

SaraJ says:

OMG, I loved that jacket but then you had to say it had leopard lining and that sealed the deal, I want it right now! Thanks for trying it on for us, so much cuter to see it on. I say keep it all, including that jacket.

You are such a cutie. I’ve been looking at Stitch Fix because I never have time to go shopping but I was a little put off by the pricing. Thanks for showing the receipt, not as bad as I thought!

Melanie says:

I vote keep the jacket too! Super cute and flattering on you!

jenny says:

Yay! I have my first box coming next week! I am very excited to see what they select for me. The mint top is such a pretty color on you. Thanks for sharing!

I love it all! That’s a great price. I think I should lower my price points. I would love everything in your Fix. And I definitely like the jacket on your. It doesn’t make you look old at all!

Marilyn Wigen says:

Seriously… you are such a doll I don’t know how you could not look good in anything! I would have loved to see you in the jacket with it open and the lining showing. Or with that hot necklace… I think it just needs something with some real pop to make it perfect.

Jane K says:

I have gotten two ‘Fixes’ already and really, really love it! The first time I didn’t keep anything … sizes a little big and really expensive. The second time I kept a skirt – - they apply the $20 to whatever you buy as well. I can’t wait to get my 3rd Fix next week … I don’t do the monthly thing I just pick a date when I know we will be home so I can get my stuff!! It’s so fun turned my sister onto it as well… thanks for letting us know about it!

Terri A. says:

I just got my first box, too. Mine was a bit pricier than yours, but I liked almost everything. I kept 3 of the items and liked a 4th, but it was really similar to something else in the box, which I was surprised about. I can’t wait for my next box to come at the end of this month!

Nessa says:

You look great in everything! Love that wrap dress. And I agree that the jacket is a little old for you. Congrats on your new clothes :)

Joycelyn says:

Love seeing things tried on!! I’d love to try this service but they don’t do plus size.
    Keep showing the stuff you get though!

Kristi says:

What a great program! I’m plus size though and will have to wait until I either lose weight or they start carrying my size. I love seeing what you got though and you are super cute. I don’t know what this “middle” of yours is you speak of though. You look great!

dina says:

Rethink the jacket :-) I think it would look really cute with a dark cammy/tank underneath and cute accessories like a dark colored but lightweight scarf, and some cute costume jewelry…maybe yellow or red …both?! Would look good worn with Jeans and either flats or heels!

I am so addicted to Stitch Fix it is not even funny!!! I’m expecting my THIRD box this week and I think I signed up…a month ago?!? LOVE everything in your box! I am going to cry if they don’t send me that necklace!

You are too cute in EVERYTHING!!! And, yay for wrap dresses. They are my fav!

Kristen says:

Oh how I love Stitch Fix… LOVE it so much! And I want everything YOU got :)

I love seeing other people’s Stitch Fix boxes! Thanks for sharing! I agree with you on the jacket–it’s too old-lady-ish. But you look so cute in everything else!

Elaine says:

The jacket was by far my favorite piece on you! LOVED it!

LINDSAY says:

Hmm… some of these outfits look a tad basic. OH- and the meaning of basic is boring…that BASICally everyone you see has the same thing. I’m just saying. Some of you should try to check out a vogue magazine every once in a while.

1. [...] a monthly Christmas!!  If you’re curious, I’m sharing the contents of my first box HERE, along with what I kept and what I sent [...]

2. [...] you didn’t read my last post, Stitch Fix is a service that sends you clothing once a month based on a style profile that you [...]