It’s been chilly here, which is nice.
I love the beginnings of cool weather and am trying to soak it in.
So tonight I am going to sit out on my deck and have a Spiked Apple Cider.
I mean, that is how my evening is gonna go in my brain.
Sitting out watching the sunset, with the chill in the air…leaves falling and my kids play in the yard.
What will really happen is I will be sucking this down with a straw, while my kids argue about Pokemon cards, as I unload the dishwasher.
Yeah, real life.
Either way, it’s gonna be good.
Spiked Apple Cider
- 1/4 gallon of apple cider
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 1/2 cup cinnamon schnapps
- 1 apple, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Mix together cider, rum and schnapps in a large pitcher
- Toss the apples with the lemon juice
- Put the apple chunks on skewers to garnish glass.
- Fill glasses with ice and pour cider over the ice.
recipe from Food Network